LENGTH: 16 Hours (2 days)
Learn advanced concepts and develop skills needed to design and administer CloudGuard Network Security Environments.
• Discuss AWS Platform Components and their relationship to Check Point CloudGuard Network Security.
• Explain how to maintain a secure, efficient, and stable cloud environment.
• Describe the components and constraints of a hub and spoke security environment.
• Describe the function of the Cloud Management Extension.
• Explain the purpose of identity and access controls and constraints in different cloud platforms.
• Explain the steps required to configure Identity and Access controls in AWS.
• Describe the purpose and function of the CloudGuard Controller, its processes, and how it is tied to the Identity Awareness feature.
• Explain how to design and configure Cloud Adaptive Policies.
• Discuss the purpose and function of Data Center Objects.
• Describe the function and advantages of Cloud Service Provider (CSP) automation templates for instance and resource deployments.
• Explain how CSP templates can be used for maintenance tasks in the cloud environment.
• Discuss Third-Party Automation tools, how they can simplify deployment and maintenance tasks, and the constraints associated with them.
• Discuss Scaling Solutions and Options for Cloud Environments.
• Explain the Scaling Options in AWS.
• Describe the workflow for configuring scaling solutions in AWS.
• Discuss how ClusterXL operates and what elements work together to permit traffic failover.
• Explain how ClusterXL functions differently in a Cloud Environment.
• Describe how clusters are created and function in AWS.
• Discuss the elements involved in Hybrid Data Center deployments, the advantages of them, and the constraints involved.
• Explain the nature of a “Greenfield” deployment, the advantages of it, and the constraints involved.
• Describe the components and constraint involved in deploying a Disaster Recovery Site in the cloud.
• Discuss the steps required for troubleshooting automation in AWS.
• Explain the steps required for troubleshooting Scaling Solution issues in AWS.
• Describe the steps required for troubleshooting clusters in AWS.
Cloud Architects, Security Experts, and Network Administrators requiring in depth knowledge on CloudGuard Network Security products.
Working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems, Certificate management, System administration, and Networking. Completed CCCS Training or Certification. Completed CCSE Training or Certification.
• Create an SSH Key Pair.
• Create a VPC.
• Deploy an SMS.
• Connect to SmartConsole.
• Review the IAM Role.
• Configure the Cloud Management Extension.
• Configure the Access Control Policy.
• Create the AWS Data Center Object.
• Create Access Control Policy with a Data Center Object.
• Create the AWS VPC Spokes.
• Deploy the Web Servers into the Spoke VPCs.
• Create the AWS Auto Scale Deployment.
• Create the External and Internal Load Balancers.
• Create the VPC for the Auto Scale Deployment.
• Create the VPC Peers.
• Deploy the CloudGuard Cluster Template.
• Create the AWS VPN Gateway.
• Configure the Tunnel Interfaces.
• Configure the Static Routes.
• Configure the Network Objects.
• Configure the VPN Community.
• Configure the Security Policy.
• Test the Traffic.
• Troubleshoot the CloudGuard Controller.
• Debug the CloudGuard Controller.
• Debug the Cloud Management Extension.