LÄNGE: 1,44 Hours (0,18 Tage)
This three-hour course is for knowledge managers who want to use lookups to enrich their search environment. Topics will introduce lookup types and cover how to upload and define lookups, create automatic lookups, and use advanced lookup options. Additionally, students will learn how to verify lookup contents in search and review lookup best practices.
▪ What is a Lookup?
▪ Creating Lookups
▪ Geospatial Lookups
▪ External Lookups
▪ KV Store Lookups
▪ Best Practices for Lookups
To be successful, students should have a solid understanding of the following:
▪ How Splunk works
▪ Knowledge objects
Topic 1 – What is a Lookup?
▪ Define a lookup and the default lookup types
▪Lookups and the search-time operation sequence
Topic 2– Creating Lookups
▪Use file-based lookups at search time
▪ Create (upload, define, configure) a lookup
▪ Use an automatic lookup at search
Topic 3– Geospatial Lookups
▪ Understand geospatial lookups and KMZ/KML files
▪ Add and define a geospatial lookup
Topic 4– External Lookups
▪ Understand external lookups
▪ Explore the default lookup, external_lookup.py
▪ Configure external lookups
Topic 5– KV Store Lookups
▪ Introduce KV Store lookups
▪ Configure KV Store lookups
▪Compare file-based CSV lookups to KV Store lookups
Topic 6– Best Practices for Lookups
▪ Various best practices for using lookups
Our certification tracks provide comprehensive education for Splunk customer and partner personnel according to their areas of responsibility.
Splunk classes are designed for specific roles such as Splunk Administrator, Developer, User, Knowledge Manager, or Architect.