General knowledge of IaaS vendors and experience with FortiGate and FortiWeb VMs.
To run the labs on AWS, students must have their own AWS accounts with the following:
- Valid payment method registered on the account
- Ability to subscribe to FortiGate PAYG and FortiWeb PAYG products on AWS Marketplace
- Capacity for at least four elastic IPs and 10 vCPUs in a single region
- Permissions to create the following:
Elastic load balancers;
Cloud formation stack deployments
The estimated cost per student for running the lab, if done within the specified lab times and everything is deleted at the end, is USD 10 per day.
If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers or headphones
- One of the following:
An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.