LENGTH: 24 Hours (3 dage)
PRICE: kr 17.460,00
Data is growing faster in massive stages than ever before. New data is created every second by big data analytics, mobile devices, and social applications. At the rate which data has increased, businesses of all sizes are faced with challenges like capacity growth, performance impact, and day-to-day management to maintain and retain the accuracy of data in either the data centers or the cloud.
IBM offers a robust and cognitive solution of storage systems designed to analyze massive amounts of data. IBM Storage solutions provide the speed and performance of ready data access with the agility and efficiency of hybrid cloud and software-defined storage. More importantly, they provide product solutions that connect data across any architecture that help businesses to face challenges head on while reducing total cost of ownership.
This fundamental course covers basic elements of storage concepts and storage solutions, RAID technology, and connectivity. This course covers the concept of high availability and business continuity planning for disaster recovery and discusses the concept of storage virtualization and its many benefits.
This course also highlights the IBM Storage system solutions that includes disks, flash systems, tape systems, SAN switches and the IBM Spectrum Storage software for accessing and managing data storage on-premise and off-premise cloud storage.
There are no labs for this course.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
• Recall the essentials of disk storage
• Outline the continuity plans to maintain high availability and data protection in storage solutions
• Restate the concepts of the storage virtualization
• Differentiate the types of the disk and all-flash storage solutions
• Compare the types of the tape storage solutions
• Distinguish between storage connectivity options
• Differentiate between the features of the Spectrum Storage Suite of software
• Clarify the various cloud storage considerations
Participants of this course will include personnel who have the desire to learn about storage and IBM related storage products.
A basic understanding of the basic concepts of open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations.