DURACIÓN: 24 Hours (3 días)
This course is designed to enable the students to acquire the skills necessary to prepare for installing and leveraging the new functions of IBM i 7.3 on POWER7 and POWER8 hardware.
The emphasis is on the hardware and software components introduced in 2015-2016 announcements of POWER8 hardware and the 2016 announcement of IBM i 7.3.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the new models of POWER8
• Describe the significant POWER8 hardware
• Describe single root IO virtualization
• Describe the new enhancements to IBM i 7.3 software release
• Describe the major planning steps to upgrade to IBM i 7.3
• Describe the major enhancements of DB2
• Describe the major security enhancements
• Describe the enhancements to IBM i Access
• Describe the enhancements of IBM Navigator for i
• Describe the enhancements for application development
• Describe the enhancements to Open Source for IBM i
• Describe the enhancements IBM i mobile
• Describe PowerHA/DR strategy and product offerings
• Describe the major functions of PowerVC
• Describe the major functions of PowerVP
This course is intended for existing IBM i administrators, users, and support personnel.
The following are recommended prerequisites:
•Basic understanding of Power Systems with IBM i architecture.
•Basic understanding of the support available in a current release of IBM i.
Unit 1 - IBM i 7.3 overview
Unit 2 - POWER8 overview
Unit 3 – POWER8 scale-out systems
Unit 4 – POWER8 scale-up systems
Unit 5 – POWER8 upgrade planning
Unit 6 – POWER8 I/O
Unit 7 – Upgrading to IBM i 7.3
Unit 8 - DB2 for i enhancements in 7.3
Unit 9 – IBM i Services
Unit 10 - Systems management – Access Client Solutions
Exercise 1 – Run SQL Scripts with Access Client Solutions
Unit 11 - Systems management – Navigator for i
Unit 12 - Systems management – Navigator for i – Performance Tasks
Unit 13 – Security authority collection
Exercise 2 – Explore security authority collection
Unit 14 - Application development and Open Source enhancements
Unit 15 - Mobile enhancements
Unit 16 – Networking enhancements
Unit 17 - BRMS enhancements
Unit 18 - PowerHA enhancements
Unit 19 – PowerVC Virtualization Center with IBM i
Unit 20 - PowerVP Virtualization Performance Intelligence
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process: http://w3.ibm.com/services/gbs/evita/BCSVTEnrl.nsf
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show:
The current GTP list price
The 20% discounted price available to IBMers. This is the price you will be invoiced for the class.