DURACIÓN: 24 Hours (3 días)
This course describes the concepts and implementation details to install, configure, and implement the IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack as a cloud management solution managing a private cloud based on IBM PowerVC. The virtualized Power Systems-based environment consists of Linux on Power virtual machines.
The course topics cover planning for the Cloud Manager with OpenStack installation, customizing the environment, management, and using the self-service portal to capture and deploy virtual machine images. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture and give the students the experience of installing and configuring IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on a Power Systems-based environment.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Recall the role of OpenStack within a cloud implementation
• Recall the role of Chef within a cloud implementation
• Describe the major functions of the IBM Cloud Manager with the OpenStack product
• Recall the planning steps to implement IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack managing a PowerVC virtualized environment
• Execute select administration tasks on IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack using the dashboard
• Recall and execute tasks with images and instances
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include personnel involved with implementing, configuring and managing a cloud infrastructure using IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on Power Systems.
The following course is recommended prior to this course:
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process: http://w3.ibm.com/services/gbs/evita/BCSVTEnrl.nsf
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show:
The current GTP list price
The 20% discounted price available to IBMers. This is the price you will be invoiced for the class.