DURACIÓN: 16 Hours (2 días)
This course provides an overview of In-Memory computing, SAP HANA, Linux on Power and SAP HANA On Power. It explains the basics of IBM Power8 Servers, PowerVM and virtualization fundamentals, Linux on Power. Covers basics of SAP HANA, pre-requisite listing, SUSE Linux installation and tuning as per best practices. Also covers HANA on Power (HoP) installation concepts, HANA sizing, High Availability and Disaster Recover (HADR) setup configuration and deployment. Health check and migration from Intel to Power are discussed as well. Labs are demos explained by the instructor.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Discuss the concepts of In-Memory computing
• Understand SAP HANA
• Discuss the basics of IBM Power Systems
• Install and configure Linux on IBM Power Systems
• Install SAP HANA on Power
• Configure and setup HA and DR for HANA on Power.
• Install and execute HANA Hardware Compatibility Check Tool (HWCCT)
• Understand and list requirements for HANA Migration from Intel to Power
This course is intended for system administrators, technical support personnel and business partners who are assessing and planning to deploy SAP HANA on Power.
Students should have basic understanding of concepts associated with SAP HANA, IBM Power Systems and Linux
Roadmaps are available on the training website at:
Select Learning Journeys
• Unit 1 - Introduction to in-memory computing and SAP HANA
• Unit 2 - Recap on PowerVM fundamentals
• Unit 3 - HANA on Power prerequisites and supported configurations
Exercise 3 - Review relevant URL's and Documentation
• Unit 4 - SUSE Linux installation for HANA on Power
Exercise 4 - SUSE Linux installation demo
• Unit 5 - Environment setup for HoP and SUSE Linux tuning
Exercise 5 - Environment setup and SUSE Linux tuning - best practice
• Unit 6 - Hardware Configure Check Tool (HWCCT)
Exercise 6 - HWCCT installation and execution
• Unit 7 - HANA on Power (HoP) installation concepts
Exercise 7 - HoP installation demo
• Unit 8 - HA and DR for HoP overview
• Course review and evaluations
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process:
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show: