DURACIÓN: 40 Hours (5 días)
The EMC Avamar Administration course provides participants with the knowledge and basic skills necessary to administer, monitor and troubleshoot EMC Avamar. The course contains lectures, instructor demonstrations and hands-on labs.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Describe the Avamar advantage over traditional backup systems
• Define Avamar terminology
• Describe the major cycles in the snapup process
• Describe Avamar system architecture, components and processes
• Install Avamar Administrator and Client software
• Create a group policy
• Run on-demand snapups from the Avamar Administrator and the Avamar Client interfaces
• Restore files using Avamar Administrator and Avamar Web Restore interfaces
• Describe Avamar daily maintenance activities: checkpoints, HFS checks, and garbage collection
• Use Avamar tools to perform system monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting
This course is intended for system administrators, systems engineers, partners and support specialists who administer and support EMC Avamar.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have a basic understanding of backup and recovery concepts and principles.
The Avamar Overview eLearning course is a prerequisite for this course.
These modules are designed to support the course objectives. The following modules are included in this course:
• Avamar Fundamentals
• Avamar Administration
• Avamar Snapups
• Avamar Restores
• System Monitoring and Maintenance
• Replication, Troubleshooting and Reporting