DURACIÓN: 8 Hours (1 dia)
This course covers advanced topics to aid in the preparation of data for a successful data mining project. You will learn how to use functions, deal with missing values, use advanced field operations, handle sequence data, apply advanced sampling methods, and improve efficiency.
Please refer to course overview
This advanced course is intended for anyone who wishes to become familiar with the full range of techniques available in IBM SPSS Modeler for data manipulation.
• General computer literacy
• Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler including familiarity with the Modeler environment, creating streams, reading data files, exploring data, setting the unit of analysis, combining datasets, deriving and reclassifying fields, and basic knowledge of modeling.
• Prior completion of Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Mining (v18) is recommended.
1: Using functions to cleanse and enrich data
• Use date functions
• Use conversion functions
• Use string functions
• Use statistical functions
• Use missing value functions
2: Using additional field transformations
• Replace values with the Filler node
• Recode continuous fields with the Binning node
• Change a field’s distribution with the Transform node
3: Working with Sequence Data
• Use cross-record functions
• Count an event across records
• Expand a continuous field into a series of continuous fields with the Restructure node
• Use geospatial and time data with the Space-Time-Boxes node
4: Sampling, partitioning and balancing data
• Draw simple and complex samples with the Sample node
• Create a training set and testing set with the Partition node
• Reduce or boost the number of records with the Balance node
5: Improving Efficiency
• Use database scalability by SQL pushback
• Process outliers and missing values with the Data Audit node
• Use the Set Globals node
• Use parameters
• Use looping and conditional execution
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process:
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show: