This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Implement DB2 BLU Acceleration, column-organized table support, for a new or existing DB2 database.
- Describe how the column dictionaries used for DB2 BLU Acceleration are built and utilized to provide extreme compression for column-organized tables.
- Explain the default workload management used for DB2 BLU Acceleration processing and how you can tailor the WLM objects to efficiently use system resources.
- Monitor a DB2 database or application that uses column-organized tables using SQL monitor functions.
- You get practical experience in the planning and utilization of a the DB2 BLU Acceleration functions, using DB2 LUW commands, utilities and SQL statements performing a lab exercise using DB2 Advanced Enterprise Edition 10.5 installed on a Linux platform
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.