Module 1: Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools
- Use a systematic approach for problem solving.
- Describe Symantec and third-party troubleshooting tools and how they are used.
- Know which SEPM and SEP client logs to research when troubleshooting specific issues.
- Use the Symantec Knowledge Base and interact with Symantec Technical Support.
Module 2: Troubleshooting the Console
- Describe the components that make up the Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Describe SEPM services and their roles.
- Troubleshoot problems related to the SEPM services that prevent you from logging onto the console.
- Describe the database configuration and connection methods.
- Configure email to enable an administrator to reset passwords and know where to check administrator permissions.
Module 3: Installation and Migration Issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve a failed Endpoint Protection Manager installation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve a failed Endpoint Protection for Windows client install.
- Troubleshoot and resolve a failed Endpoint Protection for Mac client install.
- Troubleshoot and resolve a failed Endpoint Protection for Linux client install.
Module 4: Client Communication Issues
- Identify the interactions between the client and the SEPM.
- Identify heartbeat process.
- Locate and configure debug logs for client communication issues.
- Describe communications issues from the client perspective.
- Identify Linux and Mac communication issues.
Module 5: Content Distribution Issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve LiveUpdate issues on the SEPM and client.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues between a client and management server.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues from clients who retrieve updates from a Group Update Provider.
Module 6: Extending the SEP infrastructure
- Describe how data is transferred during replication and know which replication logs are affected.
- Automate functionality with Rest APIs.
- Integrate Endpoint Protection with third party applications.
Module 7: Responding to a Security Incident
- Identify and examine useful SEPM reports for incident response.
- Learn the best approach for handling a virus outbreak.
- Identify and submit false positives to Symantec
Module 8: Performance Issues
- Assess SEP performance using sizing and scalability recommendations.
- Optimize performance for the SEPM.
- Optimize performance for the SEP client.
- Utilities and other resources.
- Case studies