After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Detect problems using tools such as the NetBackup reports, NBSU, and administrative commands.
• Correct problems and verify these corrections.
• Understand the functions of services, daemons, and processes that drive NetBackup operations.
• Back up, recover, and troubleshoot the NetBackup catalog, including the NBDB database.
• Rapidly and accurately isolate the root cause of a backup failure.
• Troubleshoot a wide variety of tape device, media, disk, deduplication, and communication-related problems.
• Enable and use legacy, unified, and robust logging to troubleshoot problems.
• Run backups and restores with a higher rate of success and efficiency.
• Troubleshoot important features such as VMWare and Hyper-V backups and Storage Lifecycle policies (SLP).