LENGTH: 32 Hours (4 days)
This course is designed to help you understand, install, and monitor the DS8000 for the Open Systems environment. The exercises enable you to perform a step-by-step implementation.
• Recall the DS8000 models and features
• Remember the architecture and hardware associated with the DS8000
• Classify the DS8000 virtualization concepts
• Summarize the DS8000 DS8000 command-line interface
• Summarize the DS8000 graphical user interface
• List the Copy Services features
• Classify the features associated with performance, tuning, and monitoring
• List the steps required to configure the DS8000 for Open Systems environment
• Recognize the IBM DS8000 solutions for Business Continuity
This intermediate course is for System administrators and technical personnel who need to install a DS8000 in their environment.
Introduction to Storage - (SS01G)
Planning and Implementation a SAN - (SN71G)
More details are available at www.ibm.com/training
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process: http://w3.ibm.com/services/gbs/evita/BCSVTEnrl.nsf
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show:
The current GTP list price
The 20% discounted price available to IBMers. This is the price you will be invoiced for the class.