This Security Workshop provides participants with an opportunity to experiment with many of the different components of F5’s security solutions in a hands-on lab environment using a real-world application delivery deployment scenario. The goal of the course is to put to practical use the extensive capabilities of the BIG-IP system to safeguard application delivery in today’s growing threat landscape, and to help the audience think differently about application security.
The labs in this workshop are designed to demonstrate how you might deploy some of F5's security solutions to protect applications at different layers of the OSI reference model. The course focuses on some of the features and functionality available in several BIG-IP modules, including:
- BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM)
- BIG-IP Application Security Manager (ASM)
- BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM)
- BIG-IP Fraud Protection Service (FPS), also known as F5 WebSafe