- • NetBackup Appliance models and their major features.
- • NetBackup Appliance software releases and interfaces.
- • Hardware components and configuration options of the appliance compute units and storage shelves.
Pre-configuration checklist and configuration tasks using Veritas Remote Management.
Using the Appliance Web Console for initial appliance configuration.
Local configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
Remote configuration tasks using the Veritas Remote Management (VRM) console.
• Validate the appliance configuration.
• Exercise A: NetBackup 3.1.2 lab environment
Exercise B: Configuring a master server Appliance
Exercise C: Adding a 5330 media server appliance to a master
Exercise D: Configuring a 5330 media server Appliance
• Exercise E: Verifying the configuration
Exercise F: Launching the NetBackup Administration Console
Exercise G: Viewing software emails
Appliance functionality differences and common NetBackup appliance features.
Run reports from the NetBackup and Appliance interfaces, showing backup activity on the appliance.
Configure Universal and Oracle Copilot shares on an appliance.
• Exercise A: Appliance Shell Menu storage information
• Exercise B: Resizing storage
Exercise C: Configuring policies to use Advanced Disk storage
• Exercise D: Performing Manual backups to storage
• Exercise E: Viewing the disk pool information
• Exercise F: NetBackup storage email alerts
Exercise G: Running Deduplication Reports in OpsCenter (optional)
Appliance Troubleshooting and Tools
• Online resources for troubleshooting the appliance.
• Troubleshooting using the indicators, lights and LEDs.
Locate and resolve common hardware faults.
- • Exercise A: Appliance Shell Support Menu Troubleshooting Commands
- • Exercise B: Viewing Log Files Using the Support > Logs Command
Monitoring Appliance Health
• Monitor appliance health using the OpsCenter interface.
• Monitor appliance health using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
• Monitor and remotely manage the appliance using the Veritas Remote Management console.
Updating Appliance Software
• Overview for the upgrade process to 3.1.2.
• Upgrade the software version of a NetBackup appliance.
• Architecture and functionality of the Appliance Management Console.
• Configure Appliance Management Servers and Appliance Management Agents.
• Manage the Repository and install EEB’s and upgrades.
• Exercise A: Configuring an appliance as an Appliance Management Server (AMS)
• Exercise B: Configuring an appliance as an Appliance Management Agent (AMA)
• Exercise C: Managing appliances from the Appliance Management Console (AMC)
• Managing AutoSupport alerts.
• Set a Login Banner on a NetBackup appliance.
• Configure a NetBackup CLI User.
• Configure LDAP and Active Directory Authentication.
• Add or remove a storage shelf to the appliance.
• Configure and monitor appliance security.
• Describe how to configure SAN Client and Fibre channel replication.
• Exercise A: NetBackup CLI administrative users
• Exercise B: An introduction to the NetBackup command line shell
• Exercise C: Viewing SDCS audit logs
• Exercise D: Creating a Login Banner
Reconfiguring an Appliance
• Provide an overview of resetting an appliance.
• Identify the process for reimaging the appliance.
• Describe how to migrate to a new appliance.
• Describe how to decommission an appliance.
• Exercise A: Exercise A: Performing a NetBackup Manual Backup
• Exercise B: Configuring Data Migration
• Exercise C: Viewing Migration Task Status
• Exercise D: Viewing Data Migration Results
• Describe the new NetBackup CloudCatalyst Appliance.
• Configure a CloudCatalyst Appliance.
• Monitor and troubleshoot a CloudCatalyst appliance.
• Exercise A: Configuring a CloudCatalyst 5240 storage server
Exercise B: Perform duplication and backup operations to CloudCatalyst
Basic features and use cases for the NetBackup Virtual Appliances.
Differences between NetBackup Virtual Appliances and NetBackup physical appliances.
Deployment and configuration of a NetBackup Virtual Appliance.
• Steps for deploying a NetBackup Virtual Appliance.
• NetBackup Virtual Appliance configuration process.
• Identify additional configuration tasks.