Arrow Education reçoit la certification QUALIOPI
La certification QUALIOPI permet à nos clients de faire financer les formations de leurs collaborateurs par les organismes financeurs.
DURÉE: 16 Hours
PRIX H.T.: €600,00
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
Data Management and Manipulation Using IBM SPSS Statistics is a course on the use of a wide range of transformation techniques, ways to automate data preparation work, manipulate data files and analytical results. Students will gain an understanding of the various options for controlling the IBM SPSS Statistics operating environment and how to perform data transformations efficiently. This course uses the IBM SPSS Statistics Base features.
Please refer to course overview
• Anyone who has worked with IBM SPSS Statistics and wants to explore additional data management and manipulation features of IBM SPSS Statistics and generally increase their efficiency with IBM SPSS Statistics.
• Anyone who has learned the basic operations of IBM SPSS Statistics on their own.
• General computer literacy
• Completion of the Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics course or experience with IBM SPSS Statistics (Version 18 or later) including familiarity with defining data, basic uses of Recode and Compute transformations, the Frequencies, Descriptives, and Crosstabs procedures, and creating and editing tables and charts.
No statistical background is necessary.
1. Helpful data management features
• Read from a database using the Database Wizard
• Customize variable attributes
• Compare datasets
• Use Variable Sets
• Rename datasets
2. Use functions to cleanse and enrich data
• Identify the need to cleanse and enrich data
• Identify the general form of a function
• Use statistical functions
• Use logical functions
• Use missing value functions
• Use conversion functions
• Use system variables
3. Additional transformations for data preparation
• Use Automatic Recode to recode string variables into numeric variables
• Use Count Values within Cases to count values across variables
4. Set the unit of analysis
• Remove duplicate cases
• Create aggregated datasets
• Restructure datasets
5. Merge data files
• Add cases from one dataset to another
• Add variables from one dataset to another
• Enrich a dataset with aggregated information
6. Analyze multiple response questions
• Describe the two ways to encode a multiple response set
• Define multiple response sets
• Use the Multiple Response Frequencies and Crosstabs procedures
7. Customize tables and charts
• Use the features of the Pivot Table Editor
• Create and apply customized TableLooks
• Use the features of the Chart Editor
• Create and apply customized Chart Templates
8. Introduction to the Output Management System
• Explain Output Types
• Specify an OMS request to suppress output
• Specify an OMS request to export output
9. Automate analyses
• Describe and use the features of the Syntax Editor
• Make simple changes to syntax
• Describe and use the features of the Production Facility dialog box
• Run a simple production job
• Describe the use of external programming languages with IBM SPSS Statistics
10. Control the IBM SPSS Statistics environment
• Describe the features of the Options dialog box
• Set the display of variables
• Set the default working data folders
• Change transformation options for variables
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process:
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show:
25 mars 2023
Self Paced Training