Arrow Education reçoit la certification QUALIOPI
La certification QUALIOPI permet à nos clients de faire financer les formations de leurs collaborateurs par les organismes financeurs.
DURÉE: 8 Hours
PRIX H.T.: €100,00
This IBM DS8880 Family of Storage Systems course is a stand-alone self-study course.
The new IBM DS8880 family is powered by the proven IBM DS8000 enterprise software platform and delivers mission-critical acceleration, uncompromising availability, unparalleled integration with IBM servers and transformational efficiency through industry-leading capabilities. This course focus on the introduction of the hardware and software capabilities of the DS8880 storage subsystems.
The following will be covered:
• IBM DS8884: Business class system. Enables organizations to overcome storage challenges with advanced, easy-to-use operations and 24x7 availability for running critical workloads, either as a dedicated platform for consolidated systems or for multiple platforms.
• IBM DS8886: Enterprise class system. Helps accelerate mission-critical applications, backed by 24x7 availability and superior functionality, all provided in an easily scalable package.
• IBM DS8888: Enterprise class system. Delivers mission-critical performance and lower latency for applications with up to 4.5 times better performance through an all-flash configuration.
The course includes exercises using the DS GUI (Data Storage Graphical User Interface).
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
• Recognize the evolution of the DS8880 storage subsystem family
• Identify the hardware components of the DS8880 storage subsystems
• Interpret drive options and functionality
• Recognize DS8880 storage allocation and consolidation
• Recall replication services
• Implement the simulated DS GUI to monitor and manage the storage subsystems
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
• Technical IBM personnel
• Business Partner technical personnel
• IT consultants and architects
It is recommended you take the following course:
• Introduction to Storage - (SS01G)
• Unit 1: The Evolution of Storage Subsystems
Topic 1: Storage History
Topic 2: Timeline of Storage
• Unit 2: Hardware Components
Topic 1: Introduction to the DS8880 family of storage subsystems
Topic 2: DS8880 Hardware Components
• Unit 3: Storage Mediums
Topic 1: DDM Types
Topic 2: High Performance Flash Enclosures (HPFEs)
Topic 3: Encryption
• Unit 4: Storage Allocation and Consolidation
Topic 1: Thin Provisioning
Topic 2: I/O Priority Manager
Topic 3: Dynamic Volume Expansion
Topic 4: Easy Tier
Topic 5: Cache
• Unit 5: Copy Services
Topic 1: FlashCopy, Metro Mirror, Global Mirror, Metro/Global Mirror, and Multiple Target Peer-to-Peer Remote Copy (MT-PPRC)
Topic 2: Global Copy
• Unit 6: DS GUI (Data Storage Graphical User Interface)
Topic 1: Introduction to the DS GUI
Topic 2: DS GUI Features and Functions
• Exercise 1: Accessing the DS8880 GUI
• Exercise 2: DS8880 hardware features
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process:
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show:
06 juin 2023
Web based Training