Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: This course is related to Red Hat Satellite 5. If you would like to train on version 6, see our Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite