This course discusses system architecture with an emphasis on:
- Understanding the implications on system performance.
- Methods for testing the effects of performance adjustments.
- Open source benchmarking utilities.
- Methods for analyzing system and networking performance.
- Tuning configurations for specific application loads.
This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam (EX442). This version of the course includes the exam.
Course content summary
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, HPC, large memory, database, and file server)
- Applying tuning profiles with tuned
- Tuning virtual machines (primarily guest, but host is discussed)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning CPU and memory utilization using cgroups (integrated in systemd)
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes