In this three-day class, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a basic FortiWLC-based wireless network.
The practical labs will give you hands on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of a FortiWLC-based wireless network.
- Introduction to the FortiWLC, single channel and multiple channel wireless networking concepts.
- Radio frequency planning.
- Plan and design a basic wireless network using single and multiple channels architectures.
- Installing and configuring the FortiWLC.
- Integrating FortiWLC with the wired network.
- FortiAP integration.
- Building and broadcasting the wireless networks.
- Monitoring the wireless network.
- Gathering information for troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues.
- Managing and maintaining the wireless network.
After completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Plan a simple, single channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
- Plan a simple, multiple channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
- Deploy a controller to an access point and integrate with the underlying wired network.
- Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by your users.
- Monitor and assess your wireless networks health and capacity.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity.
- Perform day-to-day management of your wireless network.
If you take the online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- One of the following:
- HTML 5 support
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a WiFi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.