Introduction and Overview
• NetBackup Appliance models and their major features.
• NetBackup Appliance software releases and interfaces.
• Hardware components and configuration options of the appliance compute units and storage shelves.
• Pre-configuration checklist and configuration tasks using Veritas Remote Management.
• Using the Appliance Web Console for initial appliance configuration.
• Local configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
• Remote configuration tasks using the Veritas Remote Management (VRM) console.
• Validate the appliance configuration.
• Exercise A: NetBackup 3.1.2 lab environment
• Exercise B: Configuring a master server Appliance
• Exercise C: Adding a 5330 media server appliance to a master
• Exercise D: Configuring a 5330 media server Appliance
• Exercise E: Verifying the configuration
• Exercise F: Launching the NetBackup Administration Console
• Exercise G: Viewing software emails
• Appliance functionality differences and common NetBackup appliance features.
• Run reports from the NetBackup and Appliance interfaces, showing backup activity on the appliance.
• Configure Universal and Oracle Copilot shares on an appliance.
• Exercise A: Appliance Shell Menu storage information
• Exercise B: Resizing storage
• Exercise C: Configuring policies to use Advanced Disk storage
• Exercise D: Performing Manual backups to storage
• Exercise E: Viewing the disk pool information
• Exercise F: NetBackup storage email alerts
• Exercise G: Running Deduplication Reports in OpsCenter (optional)
Appliance Troubleshooting and Tools
• Online resources for troubleshooting the appliance.
• Troubleshooting using the indicators, lights and LEDs.
• Locate and resolve common hardware faults.
• Exercise A: Appliance Shell Support Menu Troubleshooting Commands
• Exercise B: Viewing Log Files Using the Support > Logs Command
Monitoring Appliance Health
• Monitor appliance health using the OpsCenter interface.
• Monitor appliance health using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
• Monitor and remotely manage the appliance using the Veritas Remote Management console.
Updating Appliance Software
• Overview for the upgrade process to 3.1.2.
• Upgrade the software version of a NetBackup appliance.
• Architecture and functionality of the Appliance Management Console.
• Configure Appliance Management Servers and Appliance Management Agents.
• Manage the Repository and install EEB’s and upgrades.
• Exercise A: Configuring an appliance as an Appliance Management Server (AMS)
• Exercise B: Configuring an appliance as an Appliance Management Agent (AMA)
• Exercise C: Managing appliances from the Appliance Management Console (AMC)
• Managing AutoSupport alerts.
• Set a Login Banner on a NetBackup appliance.
• Configure a NetBackup CLI User.
• Configure LDAP and Active Directory Authentication.
• Add or remove a storage shelf to the appliance.
• Configure and monitor appliance security.
• Describe how to configure SAN Client and Fibre channel replication.
• Exercise A: NetBackup CLI administrative users
• Exercise B: An introduction to the NetBackup command line shell
• Exercise C: Viewing SDCS audit logs
• Exercise D: Creating a Login Banner
Reconfiguring an Appliance
• Provide an overview of resetting an appliance.
• Identify the process for reimaging the appliance.
• Describe how to migrate to a new appliance.
• Describe how to decommission an appliance.
• Exercise A: Exercise A: Performing a NetBackup Manual Backup
• Exercise B: Configuring Data Migration
• Exercise C: Viewing Migration Task Status
• Exercise D: Viewing Data Migration Results
• Describe the new NetBackup CloudCatalyst Appliance.
• Configure a CloudCatalyst Appliance.
• Monitor and troubleshoot a CloudCatalyst appliance.
• Exercise A: Configuring a CloudCatalyst 5240 storage server
• Exercise B: Perform duplication and backup operations to CloudCatalyst
• Basic features and use cases for the NetBackup Virtual Appliances.
• Differences between NetBackup Virtual Appliances and NetBackup physical appliances.
• Deployment and configuration of a NetBackup Virtual Appliance.
• Steps for deploying a NetBackup Virtual Appliance.
• NetBackup Virtual Appliance configuration process.
• Identify additional configuration tasks.