LENGTH: 40 Hours (5 days)
PRICE: Request Price
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux® system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. This curriculum also provides a foundation for students planning to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
This course is delivered as an on-site class, as online/video training or by virtual classroom.
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
• Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
• Providing operational support
• Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
• Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
• Introduction to the command line
• Managing physical storage
• Install and configure software components and services
• Establish network connections and control firewall restrictions
• Monitor and manage running processes
• Manage and secure files and file systems
• Administer users and groups
• Review the system log files and journal for issues
• Troubleshoot problems and analyze systems with Red Hat Insights
• Remotely manage systems with SSH and the Web Console