LENGTH: 32 Hours (4 days)
Plan and implement IBM SAN Volume Controller in your data center!
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Distinguish the concepts of IBM Spectrum virtualization
• Recall the history for IBM SAN Volume Controller
• Classify the characteristics and components of the IBM SAN Volume Controller system and SAS attached expansion enclosures
• Outline setups required to integrate an SVC system solution
• Summarize the SVC systems’ ability to scale for capacity and performance
• Summarize the virtualization process converting physical storage space into virtual resources
• Recall the process to create host access storage on an SVC system
• Differentiate the advanced software features designed to simplify data management, reclaim storage space, and preserve storage investments
• Differentiate methods in which to migrate data to and from the virtualized system environment
• Summarize the methods of remote data replications to improve availability and support for disaster recovery
• Employ administrative operations to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the system environment
• Summarize the characteristics of IBM Storage Insights’ ability to identify, troubleshoot and minimize potential system downtime
• Summarize 3-Site Replication and Safeguarded Copy
This intermediate lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy networked storage virtualization solutions.
Roadmaps that reference this course are:
Storage Area Network (SAN), Virtualization and Consolidation Techniques
Prior to enrolling, IBM Employees must follow their Division/Department processes to obtain approval to attend this public training class. Failure to follow Division/Department approval processes may result in the IBM Employee being personally responsible for the class charges.
GBS practitioners that use the EViTA system for requesting external training should use that same process for this course. Go to the EViTA site to start this process: http://w3.ibm.com/services/gbs/evita/BCSVTEnrl.nsf
Once you enroll in a GTP class, you will receive a confirmation letter that should show:
The current GTP list price
The 20% discounted price available to IBMers. This is the price you will be invoiced for the class.
10 Jul 2023
Instructor Led Online
23 Oct 2023
Instructor Led Online