What can be protected?
• Review of Veeam Data Platform and introduction to the class scenario.
Secure your backup server
• Describe strategies and tools to secure the Veeam backup server to avoid unauthorized access and data leaks.
Application consistency with secure authentication
• Achieve application-consistent backups of virtual machines while maintaining operating system secure authentication.
• Efficiently protect VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines based on well-defined SLAs through the creation of backup jobs.
• Identify the use of protection groups to automate the installation of Veeam Agents and protecting workloads with agent backup jobs.
• List required components and features available to protect NAS solutions.
Optimizing your backups
• Analyze features and settings that allow backup storage optimization, faster backups and data consistency.
• Describe backup data protection mechanisms to avoid premature deletion and unwanted modifications.
Linux Hardened Repository
• Identify characteristics and deployment steps of Linux Hardened Repositories to achieve backup data immutability.
Object storge repositories
• Describe use cases, advantages and considerations to implement object storage solutions as Veeam backup repositories.
Backup infrastructure optimization
• List deployment options and additional settings to improve general backup solution performance.
• Describe use cases, architectures and features of replication jobs and continuous data protection (CDP) policies.
Backup copy jobs
• Ensure recoverability and adhere to the 3-2-1 Rule with backup copy jobs.
• List different mechanisms for data archiving, including grandfather-father-son retention policies.
Scale-out Backup Repository™
• Describe architecture, placement policies, data tiers and management of Scale-out Backup Repositories (SOBRs).
Move and copy backups with VeeaMover
• Identify use cases for virtual machine and backup migrations with VeeaMover.
• Create automated tests to ensure recoverability from backups and replicas.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
• Describe the use cases for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
Recovery scenario — Virtual machine failure
• Choose from different methods to recover a virtual machine from the backup.
Recovery scenario — Ransomware attack
• Securely restore a server after a ransomware incident with malware scanning of volumes directly from the backup and as part of the restore process.
Recovery scenario — Agent recovery
• Explore available options to restore data from agent backups.
Recovery scenario — Explorer recovery
• Use Veeam Explorers™ to recover application items directly from image-level backups.
Recovery scenario — Guest file recovery
• Restore guest operating system files directly from image-level backups and from diverse guest file systems.
Recovery scenario — Recovery from replica
• Describe virtual machine states available when recovering a virtual machine from its replica and mechanisms to avoid data loss and interdependent services recovery.
Recovery scenario — Instant NAS recovery
• List steps and considerations to instantly recover an entire file share from its backup.