By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon
• Use VMware vSphere® to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon
• Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops
• Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop
• Configure and manage the VMware Horizon® Client™ systems and connect the client to a VMware
• Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs
• Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops
• Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
• Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool
VMware Horizon 8: Skills for Virtual Desktop Management is the first half of a two-course requirement for the following certification:
• VMware Certified Professional – Desktop and Mobility 2020 (VCP-DTM 2020).
VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration satisfies the second requirement. The courses are also available as a single, bundled offering, VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage, which meets the certification requirement on its own.