This course is designed to teach you how to:
• Perform advanced monitoring using the Db2 administrative views and routines in SQL queries.
• Manage the disk space assigned in Database Managed Storage (DMS) and Automatic Storage table spaces, including the activities of the rebalancer.
• Use SQL queries and Db2 commands to check the high water mark on table spaces and to monitor the rebalance operation.
• Utilize the REBUILD option of RESTORE, which can build a database copy with a subset of the tablespaces using database or tablespace backup images.
• Plan and execute the TRANSPORT option of RESTORE to copy schemas of objects between two Db2 databases.
• Create incremental database or tablespace level backups to reduce backup processing and backup image storage requirements.
• Implement automatic storage management for table spaces and storage groups or enable automatic resize options for DMS managed table spaces to reduce administration requirements and complexity.
• Describe the various types of database memory including buffer pools, sort memory, lock memory and utility processing memory.
• Adjust database or Db2 instance configuration options to improve application performance or processing efficiency.
• Implement Db2 Self Tuning Memory management for specific database memory areas.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms