• Describe, differentiate, and apply industry standard, foundational SMB architectures and technologies
o Identify and describe processor technologies and describe their use cases
o Identify and describe memory technologies and use cases
o Identify and describe storage technologies and use cases
o Identify and describe network technologies and their use cases
o Identify and describe system management technologies and use cases
o Identify and describe rack and power technologies and considerations
• Differentiate the functions, features, and capabilities of HPE product and solution specific components and offerings.
o Describe the differences among HPE server solutions and the workloads for which they are optimized
o Describe the differences among HPE storage solutions and the workloads for which they are optimized
o Describe the differences among HPE networking solutions and the workloads for which they are optimized
o Describe the differences among HPE management options
• Recommend and position HPE SMB products, solutions, and appropriate services for customer use cases.
o Recommend an HPE server based on a customer workload
o Given customer requirements/workload, identify the correct storage solution (StoreOnce, MSA, Nimble)
o Given a set of customer requirements, recommend the appropriate network solution
o Given a customer need, which Management tool should you recommend?
o Explain the services offered by HPE as they apply to a data center infrastructure
• Evaluate customer environment, and plan and design solutions using the HPE SMB portfolio to meet customer business requirements.
o Identify and describe planning, design and sizing tools and when to use them
o Discover a customer’s business, technical requirements and the competitive landscape
o Design the solution within the given constraints to meet customer business and technical objectives
o Validate design, get sign-off, and document solution
• Validate, install, configure, and upgrade HPE SMB solutions and their components
o Perform the physical installation process
o Configure each solution and subsystem
o Validate that install/configuration is successful
o Upgrade the solution and/or its subsystems
• Troubleshoot and repair HPE SMB solution components.
o Describe investigative steps and their importance
o Identify and describe troubleshooting tools and their use cases
o Troubleshoot issues
o Perform repair/replace procedures
o Apply proactive maintenance
• Manage, monitor, administer, and operate HPE SMB solutions and their components.
o Identify and describe management and administration tools and when to use them
o Perform management and monitoring tasks
o Administer and operate the solutions