LENGTH: 32 Hours (4 days)
This four-day course, which is designed to build off the current Juniper Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security, next-generation security features, and ATP supporting software.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of advanced logging and reporting, next generation Layer 2 security, next generation advanced anti-malware with Juniper ATP On-Prem and SecIntel.
This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component.
This course is based on Junos OS Release 20.1R1.11, Junos Space Security Director 19.4, Juniper ATP On-Prem version 5.0.7, and Juniper Secure Analytics 7.4.0.
Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC) is an advanced-level course.
Relevant Juniper Product
• Junos OS
• SRX Series
• vSRX Series
• Sky ATP
• Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Juniper Security courses.
• Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
• Describe the Juniper Connected Security model.
• Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
• Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
• Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
• Demonstrate understanding of Tenant Systems (TSYS).
• Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
• Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
• Describe and discuss Juniper ATP and its function in the network.
• Describe and implement Juniper Connected Security with Policy Enforcer in a network.
• Describe firewall filters use on a security device.
• Implement firewall filters to route traffic.
• Explain how to troubleshoot zone problems.
• Describe the tools available to troubleshoot SRX Series devices.
• Describe and implement IPsec VPN in a hub-and-spoke model.
• Describe the PKI infrastructure.
• Implement certificates to build an ADVPN network.
• Describe using NAT, CoS and routing protocols over IPsec VPNs.
• Implement NAT and routing protocols over an IPsec VPN.
• Describe the logs and troubleshooting methodologies to fix IPsec VPNs.
• Implement working IPsec VPNs when given configuration that are broken.
• Describe Incident Reporting with Juniper ATP On-Prem device.
• Configure mitigation response to prevent spread of malware.
• Explain SecIntel uses and when to use them.
• Describe the systems that work with SecIntel.
• Describe and implement advanced NAT options on the SRX Series devices.
• Explain DNS doctoring and when to use it.
• Describe NAT troubleshooting logs and techniques.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge.
Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Security (IJSEC) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
• Transparent Mode Security
• Secure Wire
• Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
LAB 1: Implementing Layer 2 Security
• Using Firewall Filters to Troubleshoot
• Routing Instances
• Filter-Based Forwarding
LAB 2: Implementing Firewall Filters
Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
• General Troubleshooting for Junos Devices
• Troubleshooting Tools
• Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
• Zone and Policy Case Studies
LAB 3: Troubleshooting Zones and Policies
• Configuration and Monitoring
LAB 4: Implementing Hub-and-Spoke VPNs
• Configuring Persistent NAT
• Demonstrate DNS Doctoring
• Configure IPv6 NAT Operations
• Troubleshooting NAT
LAB: 5: Implementing Advanced NAT Features
Logical and Tenant Systems
• Administrative Roles
• Differences Between LSYS and TSYS
• Configuring LSYS
• Configuring TSYS
LAB 6: Implementing TSYS
PKI and ADVPNs
• PKI Overview
• PKI Configuration
• ADVPN Overview
• ADVPN Configuration and Monitoring
LAB 7: Implementing ADVPNs
• NAT with IPsec
• Class of Service with IPsec
• Best Practices
• Routing OSPF over VPNs
LAB 8: Implementing Advanced IPsec Solutions
• IPsec Troubleshooting Overview
• Troubleshooting IKE Phase 1 and 2
• IPsec Logging
• IPsec Case Studies
LAB 9: Troubleshooting IPsec
Juniper Connected Security
• Security Models
• Enforcement on Every Network Device
• Security Feed
• Encrypted Traffic Analysis
• Use Cases for SecIntel
LAB 10: Implementing SecIntel
Advanced Juniper ATP On-Prem
• Private Mode
• Incident Response
• Deployment Models
LAB 11: Implementing Advanced ATP On-Prem
Automated Threat Mitigation
• Identify and Mitigate Malware Threats
• Automate Security Mitigation
LAB 12: Identifying and Mitigating Threats
Please note that the following Appendix are not covered as standard during the training course unless requested by the customer, and agreed with Arrow, upon booking:
• Implementing Group VPNs
Recommended Next Course
Exams can be purchased and scheduled at an additional cost – please ask for details.
24 Jul 2023
Instructor Led Online
18 Sep 2023
Instructor Led Online
13 Nov 2023
Instructor Led Online