• Describe RTOs and RPOs, what they mean for your business, how to manage and monitor performance against them.
• The 3-2-1 Rule and its importance in formulating a successful backup strategy.
• Identify key Veeam Availability Suite components and describe their usage scenarios and deployment types.
Building backup capabilities
• Backup methods, the appropriate use cases and impact on underlying file systems.
• Create, modify, optimize and delete backup jobs, including Agents and NAS Backup jobs. Explore different tools and methods to maximize environment performance.
• Ensure efficiency by being able to select appropriate transport modes while being aware of the impact of various backup functions on the infrastructure.
Building replication capabilities
• Identify and describe the options available for replication and impacts of using them.
• Create and modify replication jobs, outline considerations to ensure success.
• Introduce the new Continuous Data Protection (CDP) policy.
• Simple vs. advanced backup copy jobs, how to create and modify them using best practices to ensure efficient recovery.
• Discuss using tapes for backups.
Advanced repository capabilities
• Ensure repository scalability using a capability such as SOBR on-premises and off-site including integration with cloud storage.
• Ensure compatibility with existing deduplication appliances.
• Introduce the new hardened repository.
Protecting data in the cloud
• Review how Veeam can protect the data of a cloud native application.
• Review how Veeam Cloud Connect enables you to take advantage of cloud services built on Veeam.
• Review how Veeam can be used to protect your Office 365 data.
Restoring from backup
• Ensure you have the confidence to use the correct restore tool at the right time for restoring VMs, bare metal and individual content such as files and folders.
• Utilize Secure Restore to prevent the restoration of malware.
• Describe how to use Staged Restore to comply with things like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) before releasing restores to production.
• Identify, describe and utilize the different explores and instant recovery tools and features.
Recovery from replica
• Identify and describe in detail, failover features and the appropriate usage.
• Develop, prepare and test failover plans to ensure recovery.
• Disaster recovery from replica to meet a variety of real-world recovery needs.
Testing backup and replication
• Testing backups and replicas to ensure you can recover, what you need, when you need to.
• Configure and setup virtual sandbox environments based on backup, replicas and storage snapshots.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE
• Introduce the concept of monitoring your virtual, physical and cloud environments with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and Veeam ONE™.
• Locate, migrate or restore backup configuration.