1. Concepts of Packaging:
Principals and rules of Packaging
Anatomy of an installer package and the Windows API
Principals of Redirection and Copy-on-Write
Layering, Filter Drivers, Function hooking, and Dll Injection
2. Overview of Delivery Options:
Including App-V Server, SCCM, Intune, Store for Business, and PowerShell
3. Fundamentals of the App-V Package Format and Runtime
4. Fundamentals of the MSIX Package Format and Runtime
5. Setting up VMs for Packaging and Testing:
Setting up an App-V Sequencing Station
Setting up a MSIX Capture Station
Setting up a “Smoke Test” Station
6. Packaging with App-V and MSIX:
7 Hands-on Labs covering App-V Best Practices, VFS and PVAD techniques, Plug-Ins, Connection Groups, RunVirtual, Pellucidity, Scripting, Templates, and Advanced Functions.
7 Hands-on Labs covering MSIX Best Practices, VFS and Specified Install Folder techniques, Modification Packages, PSF Fixes.
PowerShell for App-V and MSIX
7. Debugging Techniques for App-V and MSIX
8. Using Third Party Tools with App-V and MSIX
9. Conversion from App-V to MSIX
Classes run 4 hours daily. Anticipated schedule is shown below, however course schedule varies significantly based on the needs of the students.
Introduction to App-V
Packaging Windows API + Sequencing Labs